Drinking, eating , and smoking are not without hazard in a Grotty Age,
Duff: save at -4 or suffer bad cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea no rest or natural healing allowed this day.
There is a 33% chance the character is exposed to a disease. Consuming this ration doesn’t count as having eaten for the day.
Shonky: save at -2 or suffer bad cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea no rest or natural healing allowed this day.
There is a 20% chance the character is exposed to a disease. Consuming this ration doesn’t count as having eaten this meal.
Bodge: save or suffer cramps or possibly worse allowing no natural healing for the day.
There is a 10% chance the character is exposed to a disease.
Fit : there is no hazard at all in consuming this food.
Brill: there is no hazard at all in consuming this food. You can get by on 2 (instead of 3) meals a day eating food of this quality
Ace: This food is excellent. If eating Ace quality food all day natural healing is doubled. You can get by on 1 meal day eating food of this quality.
Exposing your rations to demon spit, dragon ichor, necropolis miasma, and a host of other dungeon funk can cause the food to downgrade on exposure.
Duff food will rot into inedible filth.
Shonky and Bodge will downgrade 4 in 6 times.
Fit and higher quality food will downgrade half the time.
Dodgy Drink and Smoke
There’s no danger to consuming fit or better drink and smoke but lower quality goods present a real risk.
Consuming 1 portion of duff quality requires a save at -4 or roll 1d8 on a dodgy consumption table.
Consuming 2 portions of shonky quality requires a save at -2 or roll 1d6 on dodgy consupmtiontable.
Consuming 3 portions of bodge quality requires a save at or roll 1d4 on dodgy consumption table.
1. Maudlin and morose you are depressing for the rest of the evening anyone but close friends sees you at -4 CHA.
2. Vomit , no benefit gained from consumption.
3. Stupidity, forget all spells and -2 penalty to all save and reactions until rested.
4. Zonked, pass out for 1-4 hours.
5. Zonked and Hangover, pass out 2-8 hours, -2 to all actions for 2-16 hours after waking.
6. Blinded for 1-3 hours
7. Paralyzed for 2-5 hours
8. Afflicted/Incapacitated for 2-24 hours.
1. Munchies, distracted and -2 to all action unless it’s possible to eat a portion of food (which otherwise provides no benefit for the day).
2. Paranoid, CHA -2 for next 1-3 hours.
3. Jitters, lose initiative for next 1-3 hours.
4. Zonked, pass out for 1-4 hours
5. Hallucinations, will suffer from seriously inhibiting hallucinations for next 1-6hours , -2 to all actions and saves.
6. Delusions, will suffer from seriously inhibiting hallucinations for next 2-12 hours. -4 all saves/actions.
7. Madness, driven mad will suffer from a random insanity for next 2-16 hours
8. Catatonia, helpless for 2-24 hours
Cost of drink and smoke are part carosuing. A DM shoudl base expenses on the nature of the campaign.