Friday, September 19, 2014

Big Citadel

From an idea i've been kicking around for a good long time now thanks to some inspiration on the elfmaids and octopi blog, a darned big citadel/citystate. Not sure if I'm ever going to go far with this idea but I felt like sharing.
Part of my design process for an adventure/campaign area is sketch things out, sometimes it's a relationship map, sometimes it's sort of a storyborad, maps, and other times it's panoramas.

Overall shot:
A painted sketchy render of the idea. The rows of grey blocky dots are a couple thousand buildings each.

Closeup on one outer bastion.

The little red dots are 6' tall people.

Going all 10' by 10'grid precision on this would be awesome and insanely crazy.  I have to wonder how much mileage I could get out of using these shots and others at the table to explain and illustrate the adventure setting and how much grunt work I could skip thanks to the limited spectacle; do players have to know where the barracks room is inside the outer western foot of the that bastion or would just knowing it's in there do the job?

No comments:

Post a Comment