Thursday, October 16, 2014

Newsletter/zine?

I used to be a zine publisher many years ago and I'm considering getting back into it with an RPG zine of say 8-12 pages published about once a month (maybe more if I get in the groove).  It would include some of my older blog posts edited and expanded, some new stuff of course, with at least one full page or double spread map each issue.  Almost certainly release a pdf a week or two after the physical copies mail to support back issue orders that way.

Good idea, bad idea?

6 comments:

  1. Great idea. I'd subscribe in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do it! I enjoy your blog and think the zine would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm writing the check as we speak.
    An option to get the PDF with a print purchase would be ideal, if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the blogger i most use content from straight in my games and you have beaten me to so many fine ideas and tables - as i make books of my fave blogs and tables yours would work well - yellow planet compilation zine with crude art would be great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement. Wrestling with physical size and price point for print version, printing/copy costs and mail have gone up since I last did this.

    RE: Yellow Planet, I'll have to get my youngest child to do some art for it as it was his invention.

    ReplyDelete