How to Use.
1. Start at the box numbered the same as the condition of the item in question.
2. Roll 1d100 and add the technology bonsues for INT, mutations, and special abilities that apply. (do not divide this chance by complexity class as per standard MF rules)
3. progress from step to step by following dice rolls to next box, if dice score isn't shown no change is made in the steps.
4. Should the player end up on OOPS ! Something bad happens that either damages the technological item or hurts the character trying to figure out the device (Ref's decision based on situation). Regardless of bonuses a roll of 1 that leads to "OOPS !" will always count as OOPS ! (but should likely only damage the item)
5. If the rolls on the chart progress to READY ! it's been figured out and is ready for the character to use.
This chart can be used for repairs also or maybe even have repairs wrapped up into figuring out the item. Getting to Ready ! with a score of over 100 on the final roll will improve the item condition by 1 step.
This chart came about from reading these two posts in regards to a possible future post-apocalyptic supplement to Seven Voyages of Zylarthen based on Gamma World: