Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Old RPG Campaign Newsletter

The Ryth chronicle was recently rediscovered and comment on it has been floating about the internet.
http://www.risusmonkey.com/2011/06/ryth-chronicle-1975-1977.html

It's a fascinating glimpse of gaming past. It's interesting to see others organize a campaign and grapple with the idiosyncrasies of early D&D. Go check it out if you haven't yet.

As a side note I realized my old campaign in 88-92 era had an irregular newsletter called the Gullcraw Gazette . Nothing as elaborate as The Ryth Chronicles, it was mostly my campaign rumor sheet but it also had notes on rules and campaign background. It's long gone and I don't seem to have any copies myself and the disks are likely long gone, I also think it had a fair bit of "borrowed" art in it so it's probably a good thing I don't have it to share now.

Did anyone else out there have a campaign newsletter?

1 comment:

  1. My zines have always been a kind of campaign newsletter, because many of the NPCs, locales and beasties were play-tested at the table before being inflicted upon, er, shared with the readers.

    ReplyDelete