Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Curse of The Dragon Slayer [Movie]

This past Father's day I celebrated by watching a lot of Netflix, one film I caught was "Curse of The Dragon Slayer".  It's a pretty simple film an Elf Bounty Hunter, Human Warrior and Orc Warlord end up joining together on a quest to stop a greater evil.

I enjoyed the film, couldn't help myself. It's a definite B-movie and it's well...cheapness shows throughout but despite that the acting is tolerable, there is character development, and it was fun to watch. The most glaring issue is the costuming, which was cheap but good,  orcs in it looked like the orcs are extras from a Peter Jackson film probably becasue some high end commercial costumes were used. There is a dwarf that appears in the film I rather enjoyed and he's sporting a cool fantasy firearm. We've all seen the heroes a hundred times before in RPG land: the wild elf, the dedicated knightly warrior, and the noble orc barbarian but they don't all turn up together much in film-land.

Don't get me wrong this isn't a great film, not even really a good one, but given it's clear shoe-string budget it was still a film I enjoyed. If you've ever seen and enjoyed B-movie fantasy like Hawk The Slayer, BeastMaster, or Legend of the Archer this film is worth a digital viewing.

3 out of 5 stars.


1 comment: