The move is sucking up a lot of my time but I'm still alive.
I didi manage to find the time to post this from Zak.
1. If you had to pick a single invention in a game you were most proud of what would it be?
2. When was the last time you GMed?
Two weeks ago.
3. When was the last time you played?
I always feel like I'm playing when I'm GMing.
4. Give us a one-sentence pitch for an adventure you haven't run but would like to.
Can your band of heroes survive and find their fortunes in the Tomb of the Bull King?
5. What do you do while you wait for players to do things?
Pressure them to make a decision and twiddle with my notes.
6. What, if anything, do you eat while you play?
Dinner, Baked Goods and the occasional chip.
7. Do you find GMing physically exhausting?
I find it exciting, I often end up staying up a couple hours later than normal following a game.
8. What was the last interesting (to you, anyway) thing you remember a PC you were running doing?
Escaping from a tower.
9. Do your players take your serious setting and make it unserious? Vice versa? Neither?
10. What do you do with goblins?
I enjoy goblins they are typically fodder but the occasional goblin is a notch above the rest. They are all evil baddies that are working against faeries.
11. What was the last non-RPG thing you saw that you converted into game material (background, setting, trap, etc.)?
I used an old horror comic monster.
12. What's the funniest table moment you can remember right now?
When one player warned the other of the jallopoinous cube
13. What was the last game book you looked at--aside from things you referenced in a game--why were you looking at it?
RuneQuest second edition rulebook.
14. Who's your idea of the perfect RPG illustrator?
I don't really have one, I like a wide range of styles and artists.
15. Does your game ever make your players genuinely afraid?
I put the scare in a kid once so badly he had trouble sleeping for days and now year later i still hear folks talking about it.
16. What was the best time you ever had running an adventure you didn't write? (If ever)
I really enjoyed death frost doom . A limited cast of NPCs that do any talking, weirdness and a
whole lot of running away.
17. What would be the ideal physical set up to run a game in?
A big table with a side table for me.
18. If you had to think of the two most disparate games or game products that you like what would they be?
The Dallas RPG and Twilight 2000.
19. If you had to think of the most disparate influences overall on your game, what would they be?
15th-17th century history and Conan.
20. As a GM, what kind of player do you want at your table?
One who can stay involved, share table time with others, and has fun.
21. What's a real life experience you've translated into game terms?
Camping. REal life wilderness travel sucks and most ages really gloss over it.
22. Is there an RPG product that you wish existed but doesn't?
realtime 3D virtual reality projector.
23. Is there anyone you know who you talk about RPGs with who doesn't play? How do those conversations go?