Sunday, July 22, 2018

BFRPG Still a good fit for me?

Updated my old Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game character sheet a few days ago and it's up there over at the BFRPG site: http://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html. There's a whole bunch of other RPG goodness as well that others have done.

Considering using BFRPG as the rules for the next campaign as it worked well for running adventures written for D&D, AD&D (1st and 2nd edition), and D20 era D&D in Judges Guild Wilderlands of High Fantasy with on the fly "conversion". The biggest change I recall using was reducing monster HP from d20 era sources to 2/3rds what was listed. For spells not in BFRPG I either used the source or converted to the nearest equivalent.

I am a classical rules tinker however and there's a chance even if I use BFRPG as the core I'll kit bash on a few extra parts which is also a plus for using this system as it isn't so delicate it can't handle a few extra subsystems here and there.



No comments:

Post a Comment